Main objectives and tasks as laid down in the statutes of Ecological Tourism in Europe
§ 2 Objectives and Tasks
(1) The society serves exlcusively and directly as benefit to the public purpose according to the section "tax-deductable purposes" of the tax law from 1977 (§ 52 AO).
(2) The society stands up for an environmentally sound and socially resonsible tourism in Europe. It is supposed to reconcile between the protection of nature, its elements and its balance as well as social requirements of employees and inhabitants in tourism sites with regard to touristic demands. According to this the society effects on tourists, tour operators, tourist sites and accomodation enterprises.
(3) The purpose of the society expecially will be achieved by:
- Seminars and workshops for information, education, capacity building and awareness raising
- Advisory to tour operators, tourism destination communities and accomodation enterprises about suitable forms of tourism
- Consumer information in the field of tourism
- Public relations, dissemination of information on environmentally friendly and socially responsible forms of tourism
- Implementation of an environmental award scheme to support environmentally sound and socially responsible tourism
- Initiation of research projects
- Participation in proceedings of plans for tourism projects and legislative procedures